Friday, July 10, 2009

Going Insane

You know you're addicted to updating your status when not doing so for one day is stressing you out. I'm constantly updating my stats for what I'm doing at the time but today has been dedicated to an inspirational quote. One that I have posted in a note and as my status and it will stay like that all day. But that means I don't get to inform people of the fact that I took a 2 hour walk in which I went down to the river, saw som baby geese, stopped at a bike store, and then came back home.

On my 101 in 1001 list, some of my objectives are to walk more and to buy a bike. I'm learning so much already because of that list and I haven't even been at it for a whole week yet.
I learned so much about sewing machines when I went to inquire about perchasing one. And now I own one and have already made myself a pillowcase and a slightly disfunctional tank top, lol. But in my defense I had never worked with stretchy material before, so I'm pretty impressed with my disfunctional tank top. I know exactly what I'll do to overcome the difficulties I had when I try to make another one. We'll see how that one turns out.
And now I've learned a whole lot about bikes. The difference between disc brakes and V-brakes, what size you should go for depending on your height... good stuff. I never realized just how much I didn't know about some things.

Oh, something else I realized today: my fear of heights is selective, lol. When I got to the riverside, I was at the top of a rather high hill and rather than taking the sloping path down, I went straight down the steep side where there are all these rocks and whatnot without a worry despite the fact that if I had fallen I'd have likely broken several bones. But then I went to go see the view from on top of the bridge and despite the fact that there's a railing as high as my chest, I had to back away from the edge just to feel a bit better about my situation. Which is weird considering I'm a strong swimmer and it would likely hurt a lot less to land in water than it would to crash and bounce down a jagged rocky surface. Oh well, life is funny like that.

Anyway, I have to continue being productive, so off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment