Friday, September 18, 2009
55. Go on a picnic with Devon.
We did that last night. I invited Moe and Danielle to come with us because the more the merrier. Anyway, we went out to the park, the only thing is, the next time we plan a picnic, we have to remember the blanket. That kinda sucked, but we all had something to sit on to protect us from the grass, so it was okay.
Now, I technically can cross off 2 other things on my list... but I'm not going to quite yet.
56. Take beginner ballroom dancing lessons.
85. Take a dance class of some sort.
The reason I have 2 of these is because number 56 was originally to get Devon to take yoga with me, but he utterly refused that. He didn't refuse ballroom dancing though, so that's what it is. I'm thinking that I'll cross them off when the year of lessons is over. Yeah, that's what I'll do.
Anyway, that's all the news for my list that I have right now. My daily/weekly/monthly tasks are going very well. I feel much better now that I dropped those picture taking ones. I was stressing myself out with not being able to do them properly.
Have a good one!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
I'm officially marking the following 2 tasks as failed. Incomplete. I will try to continue taking pictures but it will be randomly when I feel like it and not every day, not even every week. Oh well.
2. Take 1 picture a day whether it’s a “good” picture or not.
3. Take one photo of myself every day! (Can NOT be the same as my daily picture.)
Also, my pushups every week has been unoffically changed to every day. I realized last night that my arms aren't as strong as they should be.
And to end on a high note, I'm making filet mignon and mashed potatoes for supper, the insurance guy's coming over to explain how our benefits work, we're signing up for ballroom dancing, and possibly going swimming tonight! Yay!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Come on, Yvonne, get it together!
But on the upside, I have completed another task!
30. Buy new shoes and accessories to go with my gorgeous black dress.
Well technically I didn't buy accessories, but that's because I already own some that look great with it. But I DID buy shoes. Gorgeous dark purple heels with a flower on them. They're damn sexy.
I've also started on a couple of other projects, just haven't gotten them finished yet. They may not be done for a while, but oh well at least I've made progress.
Also, I've needed to adjust a couple of my tasks.
89. Make at least 50 bracelets.
This is getting changed down to 15, because I started making one the other day and wow, I forgot just how long it takes to make even 1. It can take a couple months if I'm busy, which I have been lately.
93. 1 millions grains of rice for freerice.com (14500/1,000,000)
I'm changing this one to 500,000.
56. Get Devon to go to at least 1 yoga class with me.
This has changed as I've discussed it many times with him and can understand his reasons behind not wanting to go. It has changed to take ballroom dancing lessons with him. Which we'll be signing up for in September. Yay!
73. Start taking yoga twice a week. (Or doing a full yoga routine at home once a week outside of my weekly yoga class.)
Well yoga is now more expensive then it used to be. So I think I'll change this to occassionally take yoga twice a week. I did it once already and I was SO sore lol.
71. Get a second/new job.
Well since I now have a supervisor I like, I don't want to quit anymore. I like my job. Sooooooo.... I'm gonna need to find something to replace this.
Let's see, I think that's it for the alterations. Anyway, I'm gonna get off my butt now so I can actually get some things done. Wish me luck!
Friday, August 21, 2009
Here's a break down of everything:
1. Write down one good thing that happened every single day in a journal. I'm actually doing this one. Okay, some days I miss it, but I'll catch up on it the next day. So good for me.
2. Take 1 picture a day whether it’s a “good” picture or not. As I said, my camera is busted. Sometimes things that I KNOW I took pictures of aren't there when I load them to my computer, so I'm still trying to make it work properly. Hopefully I can get it repaired and don't have to get an entirely new camera.
3. Take one photo of myself every day! (Can NOT be the same as my daily picture.) Okay, I'm getting rather bored with this one. I was going to do this so I could do a "my year in photos" kinda thing where you make a little video that just pops from one picture to the next for every day of the year. The problem is that I look the same every day and it's boring taking the same pictures every day. Maybe I'll change it to like twice a week or something. I don't know, but I'm doing even worse with this one than I am with the other picture task because of the fact that I'm bored with it already.
4. Pray more. Say daily/nightly prayers. I'm working on it. Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't. I try to pray once every 24 hour period, but really I forget a lot. I have to just keep working at it though, I'll get it.
5. Take a multivitamin EVERY DAY!!! I'm actually doing this one! I think I only forgot once and that's because I had forgotten to put my bottle of multivitamins in my bag when we went to stay the weekend somewhere else.
6. Brush teeth at least once a day! I am also doing this one! I don't think I've even forgotten this one once. Woot!
7. Cook at least 1 meal a week. I think I missed the week that I spent almost every day at Dorothy's house. But other than that, we're doing well :) I'm planning pork ribs soon.
8. Do 2 groups of 3 sets of push-ups 2 times a week (Trying to raise the amount of pushups I can do at one time.) Last week I never did any and the week before that, I think I only did one set. I got this week's though. I'm so lazy.
9. Do bicycle abs exercise 2 times a week (outside of yoga class) I believe I missed the last two weeks and I haven't done any yet this week. I really need to stop being lazy.
10. Post 1 inspirational quote in a Facebook note every week. I missed a week. I'm not sure which week it was, but I missed one. And I have yet to do one this week.
11. Eat some fruit 3 times a week every week! (May increase in number, the farther it gets.) I'm keeping up on this one! Well, I still need one more fruit intake for this week, but other than that, I've been doing well! Woot!
12. Phone mom to visit at least once a week. (6/143) Well, I haven't actually been phoning her lately. But I've been visiting with her in person, so I'm counting that. After all, there's no point in phoning her when I'm in the same room as her, is there?
Okay, so maybe I'm not doing as bad as I thought I was. Just the pictures and the exercising and the praying. But I'm working on the praying and know that I need to get off my lazy butt. The camera wasn't really my fault.
33. Get a Buddha board.
I totally completed that one today! I just remembered that that one was on my list. Woot! Go me!
Sunday, August 9, 2009
- I've missed a few of my daily pictures simply because I forgot, or I thought of it but was busy and decided to do it later (but then forgetting later), or because I forgot my camera at home, or because my camera is kinda broken. The screen is all cracked on the inside and doesn't work anymore, so for a while I wasn't sure if my camera worked at all since I didn't have access to my computer so I couldn't transfer the pictures from my memory card into my computer. I finally did so today and am glad to say that my camera does still work. Kinda. I have to put my eye up to the little hole and aim my pictures just like an old non-digital camera, which is fine during the day, but when it's dark out or dark in the room I'm in, I have a horrendous time aiming because not only is it difficult to see through the little hole properly in the dark, but while my screen is broken, it's still on. So I have this bright white screen next to my eye and I'm trying to see through a tiny hole in the dark. It doesn't work so well. But oh well, I need to step it up and actually get a picture every day.
- I've been doing my exercises but I never actually went to a yoga class last week because I was too busy. And unless I cut my family visiting short this week, I'll miss yoga again. Dang.
Umm... I completely lost my train of thought... oh well, till next time!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Tasks I've completed since posting my list on here:
34. Get a sewing machine.
66. Bring my desk from mom’s house and use it to replace the piece of junk desk that I am currently using.
76. Bring my Bible from mom’s house and start reading it again. Read it from cover to cover. (I haven't read it from cover to cover yet, but I have brought it from my mom's house!)
So I guess I'm doing pretty good. 18 days in and I've already completed some tasks. The smart things to do would have been to not buy the sewing machine and bike and save the money to send off to pay my student loans off faster. But I spent the first 6 months of this year saving money towards that, I deserve to have 1 month of spending money, don't you think?
Friday, July 10, 2009
On my 101 in 1001 list, some of my objectives are to walk more and to buy a bike. I'm learning so much already because of that list and I haven't even been at it for a whole week yet.
I learned so much about sewing machines when I went to inquire about perchasing one. And now I own one and have already made myself a pillowcase and a slightly disfunctional tank top, lol. But in my defense I had never worked with stretchy material before, so I'm pretty impressed with my disfunctional tank top. I know exactly what I'll do to overcome the difficulties I had when I try to make another one. We'll see how that one turns out.
And now I've learned a whole lot about bikes. The difference between disc brakes and V-brakes, what size you should go for depending on your height... good stuff. I never realized just how much I didn't know about some things.
Oh, something else I realized today: my fear of heights is selective, lol. When I got to the riverside, I was at the top of a rather high hill and rather than taking the sloping path down, I went straight down the steep side where there are all these rocks and whatnot without a worry despite the fact that if I had fallen I'd have likely broken several bones. But then I went to go see the view from on top of the bridge and despite the fact that there's a railing as high as my chest, I had to back away from the edge just to feel a bit better about my situation. Which is weird considering I'm a strong swimmer and it would likely hurt a lot less to land in water than it would to crash and bounce down a jagged rocky surface. Oh well, life is funny like that.
Anyway, I have to continue being productive, so off I go.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Anyway, here's the list as of right now.
- Write down one good thing that happened every single day in a journal (3/1001)
- Take 1 picture a day whether it’s a “good” picture or not. (4/1001)
- Take one photo of myself every day! (Can NOT be the same as my daily picture.) (4/1001)
- Pray more. Say daily/nightly prayers. (3/1001)
- Take a multivitamin EVERY DAY!!! (4/1001)
- Brush teeth at least once a day! (3/1001)
- Cook at least 1 meal a week. (1/143)
- Do 2 groups of 3 sets of push-ups 2 days a week (Trying to raise the amount of pushups I can do at one time.) (1/286)
- Do bicycle abs exercise 2 times a week (outside of yoga class) (1/286)
- Post 1 inspirational quote in a Facebook note every week. (Also make it my status for the whole day.) (0/143)
- Eat some fruit 3 times a week every week! (May increase in number, the farther it gets.) (1/429)
- Phone mom to visit at least once a week. (1/143)
- Read at least 1 new book every month. (1/33)
- Put 50 dollars in my savings account each month (1/33)
- Write one silly short story or poem a month and mail it (yes, snail mail) to my little sister. (0/33)
- Go through all of my clothes once a month and pack up anything I don’t want/need to send to my mom to send off to charity. (0/33)
- Draw at least 1 picture each month. (0/33)
Other Time Related Goals
- Drink nothing but water for a week. Twice. (0/2)
- Go 30 consecutive days without eating any fast food (including pizza) or junk food (candy, chocolate, chips, pop, etc.) (0/30)
- Go 60 consecutive days without drinking iced tea or pop. (Can not be at the same time as the 30 days of no junk food) (0/60)
- Drink tea once a month for a year. (0/12)
- See at least 1 live play every year. (0/3)
- Own a video camera.
Get a cell phone.
- Buy good speakers for my/
’s computer. Devon
- Get subs for the car.
Get a printer/scanner.
- Get a bike.
- Get a new bed.
- Buy new shoes and accessories to go with my gorgeous black dress.
- Buy a new swimsuit.
- Get some sort of decorations for the balcony.
- Get a Buddha board .
Get a sewing machine.
- Have $1000 in my savings account.
- Have $2000 in my savings account.
- Have $3000 in my savings account.
- Have $4000 in my savings account.
- Get a raise.
- Pay off the rest of my student loans. (Less than 3 grand to go!)
- For every incomplete goal put $10 in my savings and an additional $1 for every complete goal. (Amount may or may not be increased depending on my financial situation.)
- Pay mom back the money that I owe her.
Important People and Things
- Host a gathering for family in which I cook a large meal.
- Visit some people from my past to let them know how thankful I am for their help and encouragement and to let them know how I’m doing.
- Make Brian a bracelet and send it to him.
- Photo booth pictures with Richelle.
- Go spend 3 days in
with my god mother. Vancouver
- Write letters to 5 important people in my life and mail them. Possibly add pictures inside them.
- Have flowers delivered to someone I care about.
- Visit my parents and little sister at least once every two months.
- Take my mother out for supper, just us two. And maybe go see a movie together.
- Check out 10 library books and leave a secret or inspirational quote in them upon return (0/10)
- Make a family collage (In this case, family doesn't mean just blood relatives. It means everyone I'm very close too whether they're family or friends. After all, friends are the family that you get to choose for yourself.)
- Stay at some hot springs/go skiing with
- Go on a picnic with
. (complete with blanket and basket of PB & J sandwiches lol) Devon
to go to at least 1 yoga class with me. Devon
- Photo booth pictures with
- Go to a drive in movie.
- Dress up REALLY fancy with
to go out for supper at a nice restaurant. Devon
- Get engaged (and/or) married.
- Design and wear my own wedding dress. (Okay, I know technically this isn’t about
, but he’ll be the one I’m marrying, so it fits into this category well enough, lol) Devon
- Sleep under the stars.
- Label all of
’s and my movies and videogames. Devon
- Stop leaving dishes in the living room and make a habit of bringing them into the kitchen right away.
- Go through my stuff that’s still in mom’s house and try down-size everything.
- Bring my desk from mom’s house and use it to replace the piece of junk desk that I am currently using.
- Go through all my jewelry, get rid of all the things I don’t wear and buy myself some good earrings
- Write another 50 pages for my book. (8/50)
- Finish designing my tattoo.
- Get a tattoo.
- Get a second job.
- Start taking yoga twice a week. (Or doing a full yoga routine at home once a week outside of my weekly yoga class.)
- Make a habit of going out to sit on the balcony on nice sunny days. I can tan without being at the beach!
- Make a habit of going for nice long walks! Find a route that I really like, possibly one that takes me down by the river.
- Bring my Bible from mom’s house and start reading it again. Read it from cover to cover.
- Be able to do the wheel in yoga. (Upgraded Bridge pose)
- Get a passport.
- Travel outside of
for a period of at least 3 days. Canada
- Swim in an ocean.
- Go for a walk on the beach during the night.
- Go camping at least once every summer. (
- Visit a museum.
- Go to a zoo
- Take a dance class of some sort.
- Take a random class just because it sounds interesting and I’d like to learn.
- Spend an afternoon in a large cemetery, maybe write some poetry, draw, or just sit and think.
- Try set up bowling nights more often. Try to get up to bowling once a week.
- Make at least 50 bracelets.
- Sell some bracelets.
- Move out of this apartment (I may have to change this one, but it will have something to do with living arrangements, even if it’s just starting up a fund to save money for a house in the future.)
- Send 3 secrets to Post Secret (0/3)
- 1 millions grains of rice for freerice.com (1470/1,000,000)
- Go to church in 5 different churches. (0/5)
- Start learning French again.
- Ride a horse.
- Drink a whole beer by myself. (In an hour or less)
- Make an article of clothing and actually wear it.
- Start up a blog and actually update it.
101. At the end of 101 days, make a new 101 list. Carry over any unfinished (but still wanted) goals to that list.
I guess I've got half of 99 done now too. Anyway, this is my first blog. Yay for me, lol.