Friday, January 21, 2011

Because Corinne Said So...

Well, Corinne demanded an update and so now that I finally remember what my password is, I figure I'll try. There's no guaranteeing that it will go past this single update, but here it is.

I have been inspired.

This seems like such a simple statement, but it is in fact, SO much bigger than that.

I have been inspired to work on my Mary Kay business. I love the women I have met in it and Monday night is officially my FAVORITE night of the week! I have so much fun spending time with the wonderful people who have also found Mary Kay that it just makes sense to use it as a business. Do I believe I will be instantly successful? No. Do I even believe that I can be successful at all? Well, I believe that I will one day be able to believe. But I know that I can not do it if I don't work on it. And I was looking around at Superstore the other day and realized that there's no way that's what I was meant to be doing. And so I was inspired.

I have been inspired to eat healthier. I know that I do not need to lose weight. But I can't believe that I am a completely healthy person. Even in the short time since Devon, Moe and I moved in with Danielle and Sara I have gotten used to seeing healthier foods around and just... don't want grease. I don't want instant foods or frozen meals... I want real food. Which means cooking. I made my own chicken broth the other day! It didn't turn out as well as I hoped, but it definitely wasn't bad. I just have to quit being so lazy... but still. I have been inspired.

I have been inspired to be more organized. If you could see my room right now, you wouldn't believe me. But, in my defense, I had many more boxes stored in mom's house than I thought I did and it's taking me quite a while to sort through everything. I'll get there though. And then the trick will be to just keep it there. The inspiration continues.

I have been inspired to love more, to be more humble, to do better at showing my faith in God, and to not sweat the small stuff. Yes, this is a big one. Now, you may be wondering why this hasn't come up yet in this post, but I got engaged on the 27th of December, 2010. Devon and I are going to get married on August 4th, 2012. (4/8/12 for those of you who like number patterns) Since getting engaged I have done preliminary wedding planning... basically, figuring out what needs to get planned but not actually planning any of it. And the more I think about it, the more I realize that it just doesn't matter. So what if the flowers aren't exactly what I'm envisioning. So what if the pictures don't turn out as well as I'd like. I love Devon for all that he is. And he loves me for all that I am. Imperfections and all. I am so... blessed in every area of my life. I am not bragging, nor am I trying to make anyone else feel as if their lives aren't as good. I am simply stating what I feel. If you don't like it, don't read my blog. I have a very large amazing family who loves me even when they don't understand me. I have very good friends (who I'm either related to, soon to be related to, or are people I met through Mary Kay). I know that no matter what happens, no matter where I am, I will have someone I can reach out to whether it is because I'm in need of comfort or because I'm so happy I'm going to burst if I don't share. I have so many people to love me, it occurred to me that I may not be doing as good at showing my love for them as I should. And I look around at all of this, the people and opportunities that God has given me... and I realized that God has a plan for me. Even if that plan is only to reach out and touch one person's life, he has a plan. And I am SO humbled by that thought. I nearly had a panic attack when I thought it. "Oh no, what do I do? How do I do it? Oh I hope I do whatever it is that He wants me to do and that I do it as good as He wants me to do it and..." Well God isn't going to just tell me what it is. He has a plan and I must trust in Him. Okay, I can do that. At least I'll try. And after all, that's what it's all about right? Trying to do the best with what we have. And finally, don't sweat the small stuff. This kinda loops back to the beginning with the wedding preparations. It doesn't matter. Focus on love and you'll be okay. I have been inspired to walk with God and to trust in him to pick me up should I fall.

And I have been inspired by first Corinne, and then Gayle to be more honest. Both of them are doing the 30 Days of Truth. And now I will too. Stay tuned for those posts :)


Well Corinne, it may not be what you expected, but what do you think? Is this a good enough update? lol

2 comments:

  1. Well. It'll do for now ;)

    Love it! I'm a bloggaholic so no matter what I will ALWAYS read your blog. PLUS you don't make spelling mistakes and grammar errors like (AHEM AHEM) a few other people I know.

    I'm so glad you put that about your wedding. In hindsight, my own wedding, so many things would be different, but I suppose it was great the way it was. The memories made are irreplaceable. :) I remember people asking me about certain details and I was like ... huh? That's why I ask you. I was so worried about wedding etiquette I got very worked up. Wish I hadn't. Looking forward to the 30 days of truth. :) And I plan on commenting on EVERY POST.

    BA : Bloggers Anonymous. My name is Corinne and I'm a blogaholic.

    ReplyDelete