Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 10 - Someone You Need To Let Go Or Wish You Didn't Know

I wish I didn't know Mean Meat Cutter Mike. He swears too much. So does the rest of the meat department but if something upsets him (and there's ALWAYS something upsetting him) he goes on these long rants of just swears. I'm not saying I have the cleanest language out there, but really, there's a point when it gets to be just WAY too much.

And he also thinks that age equals maturity. So if you're younger than him... and I'm pretty sure I'm close to 30 years younger than him... and you tell him he swears too much, he's going to go on a self righteous rampage about how someone "your age" has no business talking to him about etiquette. Needless to say, I know this for a fact, because it happened. And then, the next time I worked on the same day as me - you're going to love this - he suddenly had to go home early. He was working 10-7 and I was working 12-9. I showed up at 12 and he was limping really bad and had to go home. I, by this point, had forgotten all about our little 'spat' and was genuinely concerned that he was in pain. After he left, I was told by everyone that he was perfectly fine until I showed up. HE LEFT WORK BECAUSE I WAS THERE AND HE THINKS SOMEONE MY AGE IS LESS MATURE THAN HIM?! Like really... come on now, grow up.

And he's ALWAYS angry. There's a reason we call him Mean Meat Cutter Mike. He gets angry if there's music playing (and there's always music over the intercom), he gets angry if you whistle or hum or sing, he gets angry if you're in his way or if a customer talks to him or if the hose isn't wrapped properly on it's hook... And I completely forgot what I was saying... oh well. Wish I didn't know him.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. BAhahahahaha!!!! Screw you Mike!!!

    Also :

    1. Yvonne ... I'm sure you've now realized that any man (especially older men) are very sensitive about their swearing.

    2. He must be PMS-ing ... OR male menopause. It DOES exist you know!

    ReplyDelete