Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 3 - Something You Have To Forgive Yourself For

This is a hard one. Not because I can't think of anything. I know exactly what I'm going to say. But putting it out there for others to see. That's the hard part. Even though I only know of two people who read this blog and I know who both of those people are... it's still hard. Thank you Corinne, who started this before me. Thanks for having the courage to put the truth out there for me to see. I will use you as an example and learn from your courage. Here it goes...

I kissed a man.

Sounds pretty simple. Not too bad, and I know several people who would say that "oh that's nothing" but it feels like I'm taking a cheese grater to my heart every time I think of it. It was years ago, while I was still depressed. I was making some bad decisions... SEVERAL bad decisions. I mean - I was depressed, nothing made sense, even the things that made sense didn't make sense... you know? Well... unless you've experienced depression, you don't know. And I don't know whether you have or not. I was definitely dating Devon at the time... and I kissed another man. It was the pivotal point in our relationship when things turned around. "It's always darkest before the dawn." We almost broke up and God didn't like that one bit. He gave me a miracle. Things turned around... LIFE turned around. We have since worked through it. (obviously! check the ring!)

I don't know how long it's going to take me to forgive myself for that. Because I know I was depressed and not thinking clearly... but I'm still the one who did that and I'm the one who hurt Devon so much. I'm the one who has to remember the look on his face... I have nightmares about it sometimes and I wake up crying. No, I still think I'm a far cry from forgiving myself. I do, however, have hope that one day with God's help, I will be able to. That would be nice.

And yes, I know I haven't gone to bed yet, but technically, it IS Sunday so I'm doing today's post now! Take that!

4 comments:

  1. Well obviously you don't have your time set properly on your blog posts because it says 11:56 pm. ;)

    And wow. I had no idea. And generally I think I know everything about my family. Way to go for putting it out there. I think that putting it down, in words, sometimes helps a person start the healing process. Sometimes you have to write it more than once. But I think it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! S L U T... awe Yvonne!!! HUGS and hugs to Devon. Devon is obviously madly in love with you Yvonne and was willing to move forward and not stay in that rut. HIGH FIVE for you guys for working as a team!!! that's what it's about!! And Yvonne, you will come to forgive yourself for it. In the end, you did learn from it and that's what counts.
    ps. Obviously kidding about the Slut, you are a wonderful person and i appreciate your honesty in your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne, good for you for putting a real HONEST moment out there. I am proud of you! I know exactly how you feel. Gareau men are capable of the greatest LOVE I have seen! Yay for us for finding them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY gareau WOMEN are just as loving!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete