Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 13 - A Band That Has Gotten You Through Some Tough Ass Days (Letter)

Dear Band,

Your music has been helpful to me in so many way. I was originally attracted to you because of the lyrics. They rang a bell of truth in my own life. It made me feel like I wasn't alone, like there was reason to go on. I could (and did) listen to your music for hours and hours on end. Whether I listened to a whole CD or just one song over and over, it was my favorite thing to do. I had your songs memorized, every one of them.

And now I am depression free, I can look back at those days and smile. I still listen to your music, not because the words ring true in my life so much, but because I simply love your music. And sometimes I pull out your older stuff and sing along simply because even though it's been years, I still have every word memorized.

So thank you for your help and I hope you continue helping others.

Sincerely,
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment