Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 23 - Something You Wish You Had Done In Your Life.

I wish I had learned to dance when I was younger. No - really. I'm serious. It stresses me out that I don't know how to dance. I figured after taking a year of ballroom dancing, I'd be used to moving my feet a little... but no. I still suck. I was actually talking about this with my roommate Sara like an hour ago.

It also doesn't help that I was in air cadets for 7 years and in band as well. When I play clarinet, my foot taps ON THE BEAT and when marching, you step in a steady cadence. And I compounded my problems by being in band AND cadets... at the same time. Marching band. Woot. (Not a word, by the way.) I just CAN'T move my feet the way they're supposed to move. The only dancing I can do is the macarena, the chicken dance, and slow dancing where all you do is sway from side to side. And that hurts my hips and they get stiff and sore. Joy.

So yeah, it's really annoying. I remember at cadet dances, back when guys actually used to ask me to dance, it was just embarrassing to say yes because I just couldn't do it and they either thought it was hilarious (which hurt the feelings) or they felt bad for me (which also hurt the feelings by the way). So I quit saying yes. And I pulled back and pushed people away. Something I used to do all the time. So yeah... not cool. Wish I knew how to dance.

1 comment:

  1. Well ... I can't dance. I KNOW how ... but seriously, I can't. I can't keep up with people (especially Corey) I just fake it. And make it look like I'm having blast. Actually, I can dance with Rodger ... because he takes the time to show me the steps and is actually quite patient.

    Oh. But dancing like 'cool' people dance. Wow. I look like one of those nerdy people (snort laugh). Oh wait.

    hmmm ....

    I should have put 'take dance lessons' on my list.

    ReplyDelete