Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 19 - Religion and Politics

Day 19 - What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?

I don't want to seem like I'm avoiding this question. I don't really have an opinion on politics. Most politicians are terrible... but that could just be a stereotype... I don't really pay attention.

And as for religion, I could write pages upon pages upon pages of my beliefs and still not properly describe them in a way that you would understand. So I won't. General ideas on religion however, is that I don't think anyone's religion is wrong as long as it has rules like "Don't kill" and The Golden Rule. In general, if you believe in a benevolent God (or Gods I suppose) then good for you. The thing about religion is that it's faith... we don't KNOW as in have physical PROOF that anyone's God exists... we simply believe. And while I have my own views, yours may be similar but not exactly like mine and that other person over there may think we're both completely nuts and has their own views. I believe that God is everywhere, in everything, and in everyone. Which means - that God IS present in other people's faith... Like I said: I believe as long as your God is a benevolent God... then my belief is that he is the same God as mine. God appears to us in the ways and forms that we need him to to help us be good people, kind people, people who do everything we can for others and to stay true to the good and righteous path God has drawn out for us. As long as you try your best to do what is best and don't judge or persecute anyone else... well... as far as I'm concerned you're good to go.

And I bet that you'll read this and go "well I can see what she's saying" but I bet I didn't write it out properly and you THINK you know what I'm saying, but you're off. I never can explain my religious views properly... Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment