Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 14 - A Hero That Has Let You Down (Letter)

Dear Hero,

We used to spend so much time together. What happened? I respected you, looked up to you, was there for you as you were there for me. It wasn't so long ago that we couldn't stand not being in touch. Now I try to get in touch with you and you do not respond. You don't email me back or anything. You've gotten a new phone since we last saw each other and I wasn't given the number. I know that people often grow apart, I just didn't think it would happen to us. I just... well I guess I thought you wanted to be a part of my life as much as I wanted to be a part of yours.

You were always strong, like I wanted to be. You knew what you wanted and you would work to get it. I tried so hard to be like you... and I finally am. I am strong. I work towards my goals. I am proud of who I am. I love who I am. And now I look at you. What happened? All you do is party! Go out with your friends! I thought we were supposed to move forwards in our lives, not backwards.

But regardless. I still miss you. I pray that you have a good life, my friend.

Sincerely,
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment